Friday, March 11, 2011

Update

I just spent two or three days trying to reorganize my art supplies so I could be more efficient at finding what I need to paint and to be able to see what supplies I actually have already. I also started a trial subscription to ArtistsNetworkTV and have been watching some of the art instruction videos, but I have only until May to watch as many as I can unless I extend my subscription. I'll decide after I watch some more. I was particularly impressed with John Lidzey's watercolor demonstration so much so that I ordered a book about mixing colors that he coauthored. Can't wait for it to get here. I got a late start on watching the videos because my husband and I went to Florida two weeks ago to see our new granddaughter who is about one month old. I should have waited to subscribe until we got back, but I thought the special trial offer through North Light might not last too long. Also, after the holidays, I spent some time cleaning out a space in the attic so I could move a chest of drawers from the back room (where I paint) up to attic and replace it with my husbands old desk that has been sitting in our dining room for a year or so since his mother sold her house. The plan is to set up the old computer which still has photos on it that I need to download and to use the old printer/scanner for artwork duties. It seems to take forever to actually realize the plans I visualize in my head. I need to work faster.


Our New Granddaughter

3 comments:

  1. Oh is she beautiful!!! Congrats on your newest little family member. Sounds like you are getting close to getting to painting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart! Grandchildren are a wonderful blessing. You are doing what I need to do...organizing. It's good for all of us because as we work we develop new ideas and techniques. Reorganizing helps us take advantage of our new direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Autumn and Carol. We think she is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete