Sunday, March 13, 2011

Art Therapy

Flamingo and Friend--Oil Pastel, Art Card Size

I used an acrylic glaze with gloss medium and cobalt blue on watercolor paper. Then went over the drawing with oil pastel. It's not very detailed because I don't file my pastels down to points and the watercolor paper was kind of bumpy. I really like the feel of oil pastels, but I have trouble getting them to do what I want.
This was done just for therapy. One of my cats is not acting right--waiting for results from vet. My other son who lives near us just informed me he and his girlfriend are thinking of moving to Florida too. We can't move--we have 38 years of stuff to clean out of the house. If my husband would retire now, it would still take us two or three years to clean out the house and fix it up. My sister doesn't want us to move either--her children are all in other States.
Also, my internet and phone went out at about 6:00 yesterday and the discount service we have apparently doesn't work on weekends. They just got it fixed. Now my scanner is not letting me save to my picture file the way I usually do and the blog is not uploading my picture. (This kind of cancelled out the therapy value.) I guess blogspot also made some changes I have to figure out . The older I get the harder it is to make changes. It could be worse--I could be living in northern Japan. Those poor people. I should count my blessings. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been going a round or three on that roller coaster of life that we hear so much about. Fortunately much of the aggravations are fixable. As to your son moving to FL, I can imagine how you are feeling. When I moved to IL, my 15 1/2 year old dug in her heels and wanted to live with her dad back in WA. My family is here too. One daughter came with me, one stayed out there. Fortunately she and her now husband moved out here too in a couple of years, but I always worry they will want to move back to WA (her husband's mom is still out there). That said, I would move us all back there again if I could. I miss it! Love the flamingo...there is such a sense of peace in this one. I can see why it was therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. The cat seems better today and I'm feeling somewhat relieved and hopeful. It does help to paint when I'm stressed if I can just get started.

    ReplyDelete