Friday, March 18, 2011

Daily Paintworks Challenge?

Oil Pastel - 6 x 6

Watercolor Pencil
I thought I would try to enter the most recent DailyPaintworks' Challenge, "The Color of White" with this watercolor pencil/oil pastel, but I'm not sure I am going to. I started out in watercolor pencils, but messed up my shadow. (I did'nt really have good lighting on this set up.) So I decided to try Belinda Del Pesco's advice and try to rescue it with another medium over it; I chose oil pastels. I had trouble with the perspective on the lip of the pitcher and the perspective on the place mat. I can usually tell if the perspective is off on other people's paintings, but darned if I can do it by looking at my own work. I even tried the mirror trick. The placemat had fruit on it with three dimensional shading, but if I copied that it looked like real fruit around the pitcher not under it. I'm not going to do that again. So thanks to Carol Flatt for mentioning the DailyPaintworks Challenge in her blog. It looks like it's going to be fun to enter and /or to follow.

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks lovely. The perspective is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you "Autumn." I might reconsider entering the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. M -
    I think it looks great too! Enter it! : )
    And thanks so much for your comment & encouragement.

    ReplyDelete