Friday, June 25, 2010

Florida and New Goodies

Pam & Doug's Front Yard, 6 x 6

This was just a quick watercolor sketch. I think I used the Pelikan watercolors for this one. I think this is the last painting I did this year and it's already almost the end of June. I have a lot of pictures that I can use for reference from Florida (from end of March). As usual I took painting supplies with me to use when painting at the beach etc., but didn't have much time to sit still. I also have a lot of pictures of spring flowers here. My tulips were just gorgeous this year. Pam wants me to paint several Florida related paintings for her and I have some ideas in mind. I better get cranking.





These are just some of the goodies I got at Jerry's Artarama in West Palm earlier this year. I needed more brushes for acrylics and these were on sale. I'm not sure about the quality but the price was right. The Strathmore Assorted Pack is artist trading card size paper in several different surfaces. Even if I don't use them for trading cards, I could use them to try out new paper types. The Bristol pad is what I used for the front yard sketch. It's a really convenient 6 x 6 size for traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment