Saturday, June 5, 2010

Another Art Club Painting



Here's another painting I did for an art club exhibit. The art club purchased it and donated it to the Donora Library. I scanned the original black and white photo since it was better quality than the old yellowed newspaper clipping. Too bad I don't have a picture in color. I should go to the Donora Library and see if the painting is still there, if the Donora Library is still there also. Apparently, I titled the painting "Electricity Failure." I actually remember painting this in my attic room in oils with the lights off and a candle lit so I could get the lighting right. Good thing I didn't burn down the house. In case you can't read the caption, it says:

PAINTING PRESENTED -- "Electricity Failure", an oil painting by Melanie Dacko of Belle Vernon, R. D. 1, which was purchased by the Donora Patrons of Art at the 1963 exhibit of the Valley Art Club, has been presented to the Donora Public Library. Here Mrs. Ruth Muoio, librarian, and Rabbi Isaiah Tarshish, a visitor at the library, admire the painting displayed by the artist, Miss Dacko. (on the right). Mrs. Muoio was winner of the "Best of Show" award at the exhibit or her "Still Life." Miss Dacko was winner of second honorable mention for her oil painting "Refreshment Time."

I believe I still have the painting "Refreshment Time" up in the attic where I am living now, but I will have to find it and post photo later.


No comments:

Post a Comment