Sunday, July 11, 2010

Carnegie Festival


Carnegie Festival - Watercolor Pencils

I was trying to do a watercolor pencil drawing/painting for Pam for her birthday and I wanted to look at this painting for reference. So I went over to my son Tim's place this afternoon to get a photo of this, but I forgot to check the back for a date (or title) and didn't measure it. I think it's about 12 x 18" without the mat and frame. I won an award for this at a local art show, "Carnegie Painted," about three years ago, but I don't know what prize I won. Unfortunately, I didn't attend the opening reception so I got a form letter congratulating me for winning with a check for $22.50 which I think was half of maybe fourth prize or one fourth of third prize? I try to enter the show every year if I can. This was the first time I won anything. The actual painting is much lighter. I think I need a better camera or I need to learn how to take better photos of paintings. The subjects of the paintings for the show have to be of Carnegie. The local artist Philip Salvato has the show at his gallery, "The 3rd Street Gallery" every year in September.


No comments:

Post a Comment