Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Refreshment Time"

Refreshment Time -- Oil, 16 x 20


I found it! Here's the painting "Refreshment Time." For a few minutes I thought maybe I didn't have the painting--I have so many old picture frames up in the attic, with and without paintings in them, I didn't know which box to look in. I painted this in 1962 when I was 19 years old. I'm not sure if I have the perspective correct on the pitcher and table, but I must have gotten something right because the judge for the art show, Dr. Chew, the director of the Westmoreland Museum of Art at that time, made the comment while rapping his knuckles on the pitcher, "Now that's real porcelain!" I never displayed the painting on the wall because I wasn't happy with the background. I should try to do this as a new painting ( I still have the pitcher) with a different background. I like the colors and the way the pear turned out. I did some pears earlier this year just for practice. I will probably post those next to compare.



No comments:

Post a Comment