Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Art Club Artifact

Here is another art club artifact from my past. The club included members from Charleroi, Donora, Monessen, and Monongahela. Technically, I didn't live in Monessen, but we were at the edge of Rostraver Twp. near Monessen. Members were given a blank cover program booklet for the new year and there was a contest for the design. This is the cover I designed and if I recall correctly, I won a prize of some sort. I should have stuck to doing miniatures--maybe I should be doing the "Painting a Day" in small sizes or ACEO's. I might actually give that a try some time (the miniatures that is). I don't think I could do a painting a day, at least not yet. Too much housework to do. This kind of reminds me of Karin Jurik and her paintings of people looking at paintings in a museum, except my design looks more like a cartoon than a painting compared to her paintings. I think she is an exceptional painter. I would put a link to her blog if I could figure out how to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment