Sunday, May 30, 2010

Introduction

I am starting this blog as a record for me and my family and as a challenge for myself.

The challenge part of this blog for me will be to compare what I did when I was quite a bit younger to what I can do now. Am I a better or worse artist than I used to be? (My hand is not as steady as it used to be and I haven't been painting as much as I should.)

When I was in my late teens and early twenties (about forty years ago) I did some art work that got disseminated around the Mon Valley area (Monessen, Pa. etal) and some in the Pittsburgh area. I don't have pictures of all of this art, but those that I do have I will post and comment on. I will try to remember any art work that I did that I sold or gave away and possible location. When I was living in the Mon Valley area, I belonged to an art club and had several paintings purchased by the art club (patrons prize?) I know where they went, but are they still there? For example, one of my paintings was selected to be donated to Mon Valley Hospital. They used to have it in the lobby at the center of a wall with leaf wallpaper I think. They remodeled, but where is the painting now? I don't have a good picture, but here's what I have.

I don't know who these people are. This painting was done in pastel. My Aunt Rose said she liked the painting, but if you had to sit in the lobby for a long time, the holes in the log looked like two eyes staring at you. I guess this is where adjusting reality to fit composition applies.


No comments:

Post a Comment