Friday, July 25, 2014

Beach Ballerina

 
 
Here I am back at square one again. I can't believe it's been over a year since I last posted. I think I might take a different approach to painting this time. Instead of feeling like I have to paint a masterpiece for every post, I might try to do entries in an art journal. If these small entries lead me to do a more thorough painting, that would be good, but not the main goal. I should have been journaling years ago with my garden and vacations. But since I'm so far behind, I think I will just start with my last trip to visit my family in Florida in February and see what happens. I decided to do the journal size of 9" x 12" and use Bristol paper for the pages. I can use artist's tape (on the back) to stick small works onto the pages. I can use some of my ACEO cards and experiment with different media. I hope I can fill the pages of the journal this year and maybe do a few other paintings too.

2 comments:

  1. I think your art journal idea is a terrific one, and I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute of it! Your description was so thorough I can almost see it already. I think few of us do enough (if any, in my case) journaling, and I think it would be a wonderful motivator and record of our efforts. Your little "Beach Ballerina" is so fresh and delightful. Great shadows! Good luck with the journal, and please post some pages for us so we can enjoy what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Carol. It helps to have feedback on new ideas and it also helps with motivation to keep painting. I was thinking of you and the monsoons out there. I hope you didn't get flooded.

    ReplyDelete