Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pansies


 

When I wrote the post title the first time, I wrote "painsies."  It must have been a subconscious slip of the fingers. I took a break from finishing my second painting of Emma and thought I would do something simple, like a pansy. Pansies are not as easy as they look, at least not for me. I wish I could do them as well as a painter I found on Daily Paintworks; her name is Tatsiana Mikhailova and her blog is http://tatsianaartstudio.blogspot.com/. This is another one to put on my re-do list.

 


2 comments:

  1. I really like this, Melanie. Love the grays to support the purples, and it has the delicacy about it that is typical of watercolor. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your nice comment Carol. I've been taking a break for a while too, but it's for a bathroom remodel. Not planned, but necessary in an old house. It has been taking up all my time and energy. When that is done I hope I can get back to painting again.

    ReplyDelete