Friday, April 8, 2011

Older Painting


I wanted to post something more cheerful than the last post, so I dug around in some of my older paintings and found this watercolor from 2006. The flowers were from my yard at that time.This is painted on Bristol vellum. I really like working on this surface, but you can't get it too wet. It's good for watercolor pencils too. I'm not sure what I'm going to paint next or in what medium. I have so many photos that give me ideas that I don't know where to start. I might just view some of my Artist's Network videos for a while and then decide.

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely wildflowers and so well done, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you AutumnLeaves. I should try doing some flowers again. I probably would show more detail if I did this again.

    ReplyDelete