Friday, September 17, 2010

Carnegie Painted 2010

Intersection - Stoplight Colors, 10" x 20"

I got the painting of Carnegie done for the "Carnegie Painted" show. I wasn't real happy with it, but I didn't have anything else to enter. My son Tim said I should start now and paint several of Carnegie over the next year so I would have a choice and I could pick the best one or two for next year. (I usually wait till the month before the show to start painting something.) I used a lot of sap green on this one and I think the painting looks too green. Maybe that's one of the reasons I didn't win a prize again this year and maybe I should paint larger. Most of the other paintings in the show were larger. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. I don't know what medium I should be working in. Maybe I should stick to watercolor? I thought acrylic would work out better than it did. Also, I thought it would get done faster than it did. It takes me too long to do a painting. The wife of a local artist once told me that I would get faster. I guess that is a good reason to keep painting regularly. She also told me to take some workshops. There are several classes at Southarts this fall that I would like to take, but I really need to be cleaning and painting walls instead of pictures before it gets cold and I can't open windows. I didn't get as much done this summer as I had planned. Where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment